On the 5th November 2020 England went into a second lockdown and for many of us this involved a huge amount of change. As a private physiotherapy clinic registered with the HCPC (Health and Care Professions Council) and the CSP (Chartered Society of Physiotherapy) we received approval that our service can remain open during lockdown 2.0.
We pride ourselves on supporting our clients in the best way we can to help them return to or achieve whatever it is that is important to them. So, we want to demonstrate to you how we will provide the safest environment as possible. All clients currently seeking Physiotherapy will be asked to complete a telephone or virtual appointment so that the clinician can make the decision on whether a face to face or virtual appointment is more appropriate. If it is deemed appropriate this is what you will expect from your face to face appointment at West Suffolk Physio –
- On arrival we kindly ask that you remain your vehicle. Your physiotherapist will then come and greet you. We have implemented a one-way system, entrance through the front door and exit through the back door. Throughout the building we have guidance on which way to walk and reminders to socially distance. You will also notice posters providing guidance on Covid secure areas and how many people are allowed in each area.
- The physiotherapist will allow you access to the building. We will kindly ask you to sanitise your hands, then a face mask will be provided, we will ask you to wear a face covering throughout your appointment. You are welcome to bring your own face mask.
- All of our staff will be complying with the use of appropriate personal protective equipment, in the form of gloves, apron, mask and visor. All of our staff are trained in appropriate hand decontamination processes, PPE requirements and waste collection, storage and disposal. Hand washing and sanitiser facilities will be accessible throughout the building and we will advise you to use these regularly.
- We will ask you to attend your appointment alone, however if you require a chaperone and/or translator present for your appointment please inform us before attending. The numbers of appointments offered will be reduced to allow for cleaning between patients.
- Once your appointment is complete your physiotherapist will walk you to reception area, there will be a number of ways to communicate with the reception team to pay for your treatment. The reception team will encourage card payments, this can be done face to face, over the phone or through invoice. We will be taking insurance claims as usual. Our friendly receptionists will then show you where you can correctly dispose of your mask and will advise you to use hand sanitiser facilities before exiting through our back door.
For more information or to book an appointment speak with on of our physiotherapists who can support you to achieve your goals.