Mobility, Balance and Falls
We recognise the importance of on-going rehabilitation following a period of illness or immobility. Keeping your body fit and healthy ensures you stay independent enjoying a full and active life.
A third of all adults over 65 fall every year, but less than half seek help. Falls can seriously impact on a person’s quality of life and impair confidence. Keeping mobile, strengthening muscles and working on balance can hugely decrease the risk of repeated falls.
Physiotherapy can help to:
- Improve your walking
- Increase your flexibility
- Strengthen your legs and body
- Increase your confidence
- Improve health and well being
- Reduce your risk of falls and fractures
- Offer advice on falls prevention
- Review and check your walking aids
- A healthy body keeps a healthy mind
A healthy body keeps a healthy mind