You can access our service through a number of routes, clients may consult a physiotherapist without a doctor's referral but we recommend clients inform their doctor of any treatment received.
Referrals are welcome from:
- Private Medical Insurance – We work with the following providers, IPRS, BUPA, AVIVA, AXA, Simplyhealth, The Exeter, WPA, Vitality, CS Healthcare, Healix, Allianz, Cigna and Tricare.
We recommend you contact your insurance company to check your individual policy cover before treatment as details of the policy will be required on booking.
If you are on a waiting list for Physiotherapy and wish to be seen sooner call West Suffolk Physio for a same day appointment.
How to book an appointment
To book an appointment at West Suffolk Physio you can use our online booking system click here or call us today on 01284 713721.
What to expect from your first appointment
Your first appointment will take up to one hour allowing for detailed assessment. To assess your symptoms please wear loose comfortable clothing, you may be asked you to remove some clothing to assess you further. Your privacy and dignity will always be maintained.
You are welcome to bring someone with you if you wish. Clients aged 16 and under will need to be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. A parental consent form will need to be completed.
During your assessment you and your Physiotherapist will develop a tailored treatment plan and set achievable goals.
We will not share any information about you with outside parties unless you have consented to us doing so, in accordance with the Data protection Act 1998. We also have the ability to access your West Suffolk Hospital medical records with your consent.
If you are unsure whether physiotherapy is appropriate for you please telephone the clinic to discuss your needs. click here for details
Following your assessment your Physiotherapist may include the following options in your treatment plan:
- Manual therapy (e.g. soft tissue massage, trigger point work, joint mobilisation)
- Individual exercise advise and programmes
- Group exercise classes
- Gait and balance rehabilitation
- Pilates based exercises
- Condition specific management, advise and education
- Persistent pain management strategies
- Therapeutic ultrasound
- Ergonomic assessments and advice